Hi everyone, just wanted to make a quick post to outline some of the upcoming content I’m planning on putting out. The main holdup is that the raw files for my footage are pretty high bitrate (something like 480+ Mbit) so my computer is having a lot of trouble editing them off some of my slower storage hard drives (probably needs something like 60+ MB/s transfer rate off the HDD and my Caviar Green drives can only put out like 50) so I need to shuffle some files around to make room on my smaller, faster drive.
Anyway, on to what’s coming up:
- More playstyle guide breakdowns (similar to the Scepter/Dagger one)
- I’ve been working on a direct damage Staff Ele build as well as Condition Damage “Inspector Gadget” Engineer. I think I’ll finish the Staff Ele one first and then move to Engineer soon afterward. I’ll try to focus more on tactics and reasons for build choices rather than the actual builds themselves (since this early in the beta things are so subject to change).
- Some full (or mostly full) match commentaries just outlining what’s going on
- I have a lot of footage and I’d like to use as much as possible. That said, some of the matches are of less than epic quality. I guess that’s what playing all weekend with like 4 hours of sleep eventually does; sort of funny how much my gameplay improves in the games following a nap or something. Anyway, I still think I can make some use out of them, if only to point out what good things OTHER players are doing even when I’m half-unconscious (seriously there’s like 2-3 hours of video that I don’t ever remember taking. When the hell did I take Conjure Earth shield…) I’ll also comment on what I could have easily done better (and don’t worry; it’s not all bad gameplay. I still have some nice moments!) What I won’t do is make a dull video so if it seems completely stupid then I’m just going to scrap it.
- Some general game mechanics videos
- I don’t want to do too much on systems that I think might change dramatically; that said, some of it is inevitable and I don’t mind some content eventually becoming obsolete if it helps people understand the game at all even for just a BWE or two. What I’m thinking is broader system-level or planning stuff that should stay relevant even if they change specific skills/balance. Something more along the lines of my “How to make a build” guide except with actual ingame footage!
Expect the next breakdown (and probably a match commentary) by the end of the weekend.